Ibrahim KodraA�was an AlbanianA�painter. Kodra was born in IshmiA�in 1918, Albania. Ibrahim took art classes fromA�Odhise PaskaliA�during 1929, focusing on sport as well. Kodra practiced discusA�and hammerA�throw, without pretending any professional career in sport, since those disciplines were not even present in Albania at that time. While taking drawing classes, one of his drawings would come into the focus of Queen Geraldine.
In 1938, he went to ItalyA�to study fine artsA�supported by a scholarship A�from the Albanian Kingdom, and there he won a second scholarship from the Italian government as an emerging talent and went to study in MilanA�A�in the Academy of Fine Arts of Brera.
In 1944 he opened his first workshop in Milan. In 1948 he opened a personal and group exhibition in the “Art Club” in Rome, where he met Pablo Picasso. In 1950 he painted frescosA�in the most important museums and buildings of Milan. Kodra then opened an exhibition with Picasso,Henry Matisse, Amedeo Modigliani, Georges Rouault, Dufy and others.
He opened many other personal exhibitions all around the world including:
- Collective exhibition in “Paradise” with Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Matta, Ernst, Carlo Levi, Braque etc.
- Collective exhibition in “Mostra del disegno e dell’incisione contemporanea” in 194 in Milan, with Emilio Vedova, Renato Guttuso, Giacomo manzu, Cassinari, Morlotti etc.
- Collective exhibition in “Mostra del disegno italiano contemporaneo” in ChiavariA�1954, withA�Pablo Picasso, Modigliani, Rouault and Dufy
- Collective exhibition in the Stone Gallery in Newcastle and Corneille, Gear, Michaux, Millares etc.
- Numerous collectives in Milan, the Stone Gallery inA�Newcastle, “Senator” in StuttgartA� and also in the “New Art Center” in Zurich.
- Personal exhibition in Modern Art Gallery in Pristina.
- Personal exhibition inA�in New YorkA�and personal exhibition the “2D Gallery” in Sassari.
His works are in the Museum of Vatican, in the Chamber of Deputies (House of Representatives) of the Italian Parliament in Rome, in exclusive private collections all around the world. In 1996 he was awarded the a�?Honor of the Nationa�? in Albania.